What is the Coaching Experience is like...?
"Let’s work together to get you moving in a new
direction and unveil the path to YOUR happiness!"
Each week you will fill out the Coaching Prep form and email it to us the day before your coaching session. This will help you to formulate your thoughts and make our session as efficient as possible.
Each session is approximately 45 minutes. The first few minutes we will go over the past week and what went well, what you accomplished and what needs attention.
Next, we will define a focus for the session and get to work exploring! We’ll set realistic and visionary tasks each week and strive to overcome any mental blocks that may have been holding you back from accomplishing those lingering goals. We will do this by learning new skills to be more present, mindful, relaxed and happy even in the face of new challenges to create new habits, healthy relationships and achieve goals!
To close our session we will focus on action steps, set an intent for the upcoming week and make sure that you have the support and resources that you need to have wonderful and progressive week. Make sure to read the Coaching Agreement to learn more about our roles and expectations in our coaching sessions!
Between scheduled coaching sessions, you may be asked to complete specific actions that support the achievement of your personally prioritized goals. Sometimes you will be provided with additional resources in the form of relevant articles, worksheets, assessments or models to support your thinking and actions.
- Assessments and Tools: I use variety of tools to support the coaching process, depending upon your needs and circumstances. They can provide objective information that can enhance self-awareness and provide a benchmark for creating coaching goals and actionable strategies.
- Concepts, Models and Principles: These are drawn from the behavioral sciences, management literature, spiritual traditions and/or the arts and humanities and may be incorporated into our coaching conversation to increase self-awareness and awareness of others, foster shifts in perspective, promote fresh insights, provide new frameworks for looking at opportunities and challenges, and energize and inspire forward actions.
- Appreciative approach: Coaching incorporates an appreciative approach, grounded in what's right, what's working, what's wanted and what's needed to get there. I incorporate discovery-based inquiry, proactive ways of managing personal opportunities and challenges, constructive framing of observations and feedback to elicit the most positive responses from others, and visions of success vs. focusing on problems. The appreciative approach can be profound, opening up new possibilities and spurring action.
What We ask of you:
To be successful, coaching asks certain things, all of which begin with intention. Additionally, we ask you to:
- Focus on yourself, the tough questions, the hard truths and your success.
- Observe the behaviors and communications of others.
- Listen to your intuition, assumptions, judgments.
- Challenge your existing attitudes, beliefs and behaviors and develop new ones that serve your goals in an amazing way.
- Utilize your personal strengths and overcome limitations to develop a winning attitude.
- Take decisive actions, however uncomfortable and in spite of personal insecurities, to reach for the extraordinary.
- Show compassion for yourself and others while learning new behaviors even when experiencing setbacks or disappointments.
- Commit to not take yourself so seriously, using humor to lighten and brighten any situation.
- Have the courage to reach for more than before while engaging in continual self examination.
what our clients are saying about coaching:
"Lisa is outstanding. After years of visiting various psychologists, I have enjoyed a more action based approach. I prefer the direct application of insight to my personal situations that we discuss and how she really takes time to get to know who you are. Lisa is very genuine and personable. Her years of experience with Life Coaching enable her to be really engaging and have allowed me to process my experiences in unique ways that I do not believe I would otherwise." - Amber S. April 21, 2016
"I've been working with Lisa for about a month now, and I couldn't be happier with the progress I've made with her help. Lisa is really good about helping you focus on what you want to improve. Lately, she's really helped me work to identify my issues with self-confidence. She gives you concrete exercises to help you refine your thought-process. I highly recommend working with Lisa as your life coach!" - Emily A. April 10, 2016
"Lisa is great! Very attentive, encouraging, intuitive, insightful, and helpful. She has awesome ideas and is great at helping me get my thoughts in order and taking action. I've made so much progress since working with her." - Ashley C. Jan 19, 2016
"When I first spoke with Lisa, I felt helpless and unmotivated to move forward with my life because of my recent break-up. Lisa and I are going through a step-by-step process to help me let go of my past relationship. It is very effective because we do minor changes in my habits, and then, we gradually add more tools to help me gain control of my life. This has been one of the best investments I have ever done. Investing my money for this service is a benefit that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I'm a 25 year old male, and I truly advise other young individuals to reach out to her. She is amazing." - Wilfredo B. Nov 19, 2015
"I couldn't be more grateful my path crossing with Lisa. In just a short amount of time my life has changed and I can tell I'm going to grow into something more by continuing my practice and work with her. She gets it. She really does. And she is ALWAYS there for you. You can tell she is passionate about what she does and it's more than a paycheck to her. She cares about making an impact on your life and seeing you blossom to your true potential."
- Ashley R. Nov 11, 2015